Living with Cerebral Palsy 🍋🍋

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Happy Birthday


Today is Tuesday, you were born on a Tuesday. How long it feels now since that day. I lay awake this morning as you slept. At 6:28 a.m it had been exactly six years to the minute. Six years ago I floated above my own body and watched in a haze of horror as the medics tried to determine if you had a heart beat then whisked you away from me before I had seen your face. I lay there in the deathly silent room on labor ward as the minutes ticked by, waiting for the doctor to come back in and tell me you never took your first breath. Instead, he burst in and said you were fighting. That was the beginning of the road, the beginning of our new lives, the beginning of you.
Never stop fighting, Elin.
We love you so much.
Happy 6th birthday, baby
xxxxx


We aren't the only one's who think Elin is special :-) Thanks to all for the wonderfully generous and thoughtful gifts -she has been spoiled rotten and we, as always, are deeply touched.

Elin's special birthday song- or maybe it's my special Elin's-birthday song :-)



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig