Living with Cerebral Palsy 🍋🍋

Friday 7 March 2014

Throw-back Friday

Today was 'World Book Day' , so Elin's school were invited to dress up as favourite book characters. I love that school includes Elin and all her friends in the mainstream activities. It doesn't just help the children to be part of the school as a whole but personally speaking it helps as a Mummy to feel included too. As friends and work colleagues show you pictures on their phones of their children dressed up, I can reciprocate with pictures of Elin. It's a simple thing, but it's just nice. So much is different when you have a child like Elin, it's lovely when things are the same :-) Last year Elin went dressed as the Hungry Caterpillar. This year we chose The Tiger Who Came to Tea. She looked absolutely gorgeous and holding her felt like snuggling a giant teddy bear. I have always liked dressing her up, she has had so many dressing up costumes over the years I can't even remember all of them. But one that sticks in my mind is the Dalmatian Puppy costume. 101 Dalmatians was one of my favourite stories when I was little, I had all the gear related to the Disney film then read the 'proper' book by Dodie Smith when I was a bit older. So I was delighted when my Aunty bought her a Dalmatian costume. I think you'll agree, it looks pretty cute. Oh if only photo's could come alive, just for a second! I would love to kiss those tiny chubby cheeks again. Happy Friday folks!

Me and my little Tiger Who Came To Tea


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig