Living with Cerebral Palsy 🍋🍋

Wednesday 10 December 2014

Yee ha!

Sorry again for the lack of posts recently blog fans. Time hasn't really been on my side for the past few weeks- if you think the lack of posts is bad you should see the state of my house.  I'm one clean pair of pants away from having to wear bikini bottoms to work. Anyway, Elin fell back into a dystonic cycle following our visit to Alder Hey (quell surprise). We upped her Diazepam slightly and she does seem to be perking up again now. Having said that she has also had a little bug- she's been sleeping a lot which is most unusual for Elin- so that could always affect her dystonia negatively. I think she is finally improving and I'll take a slow but steady recovery if it means we could just have a couple of good weeks over Christmas! I'll keep you posted.
Today was that time of year again, Elin's school concert. Considering how poor she had been over the weekend and leading into the week, she did brilliantly. I was so proud. There was no dystonia in sight  (granted she was on the knee of her best buddy key worker and not sitting in a dreaded chair) but she did take part in the whole concert and was happy to do all the actions-with a lot of help of course-she really was quite relaxed. Must be the family history, none of us Drakes being exactly shrinking violets! It's in her blood :-) I was very brave and didn't cry. Until the end, when I sobbed like I'd just been told global reserves of red wine were running out. Seriously, you'd have to have a heart of stone not to get emotional in a situation like that wouldn't you? It wasn't just Elin either. All her little school pals, each with there own issues and complex conditions made me proud too they were amazing.  Shout-out to all the key workers and LSA's who go on stage with the children, supporting them and encouraging them to perform in a crowded and slightly alien environment. It's not an easy task. It's also lovely to see such inclusion, as the children join the mainstream part of the school for the show. A real reminder of what Christmas means, if ever there was one.
We have one more show to look forward to, Elin's  School Christingle service on the lat day of term. I have blogged about it before but that is when our christmas truly starts. So until then I will leave you with some gorgeous pics of Elin today. She was  Cowgirl by the way! I think her 'Wild West' moniker would be Dolly Drake. So Merry Christmas blog fans from Dolly and us, after all...it's the most wonderful time of the year :-) :-) :-)



Yeeee Haaaa!!!!
xxxx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig