Living with Cerebral Palsy 🍋🍋

Thursday 31 March 2016

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside....

You know when you're in a nice hotel and you're not used to it...and you get to the pool and open a locker and there is free dressing gown, towels and flip flops and you're landed. Wow. This really IS posh you think. So off you trot and then later on there is a bit of a commotion- there are hotel employee's coming in and out of the pool etc- and it turns out you opened someone's locker, stole their stuff and caused the hotel to try and swap the family's room because the room key was in the pocket of the dressing gown you're now parading around in at the poolside, and said family are worried the 'burglar' might turn over their room and take the rest of their stuff? That.
Yes.
That happened, to me, during our hotel stay. Mortified doesn't quite cover it, especially as the mistake was finally cleared up when the child of the family was heard to announce 'Mummy isn't that lady wearing your dressing gown?...and flip-flops.......?' CRINGE. You can take the girl out of Wexham.......
Anyway, aside from a very red face and having to leap behind various pieces of hotel furniture every time we saw that family thereafter, we had an AMAZING time. Best of all? Elin loved it too! No coming home early this time :-) The wonderful hotel (The Quay Hotel and Spa in Deganwy) you might remember had given us a free night (in a suite!) in lieu of the night we lost last Summer when Elin was poorly. See previous blog post if you so wish:
http://cerebralpalsyjourney.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/we-are-just-back-from-one-of-most.html
They also threw in a four course meal and gorgeous full Welsh breakfast. Wow-thanks! We thought it would be nice to use the free night on our 11th wedding anniversary, so that's what we did yesterday. Difficult to image a nicer way to celebrate really- there is no place more beautiful than Wales in the sunshine and we were VERY lucky to enjoy amazing weather the whole time we were there. It was fate.
Aroom with a view. This really was the view from our suite. Woah. 

Not only did the sun shine as if it was mid August but  Elin decided to have a good sitting couple of days too (she wasn't OVERLY happy, but no dystonia either which is probably the best we can hope for when out and about somewhere unfamiliar) Hurray!! Does it get any better? She also timed a nap in her chair for when we were eating breakfast and slept soundly in her chair during the full four courses of that evening meal too! Well done, Elin!! It must have been the sea air. 
It was great that our suite was on the ground floor and also very close to the spa. This made going to the pool pretty easy. Elin was great in the pool especially given that it was not the hydro-temperature to which she is accustomed and there were a lot of children making a lot of noise. Everyone was really kind and I had the offer of help in the women's changing room from another Mum, who had her severely autistic son with her and she said, understood. These moments are small but they make you feel like you're not alone. So many people out there are dealing with issues day to day, just going about their lives trying the best they can. 
On the way home we called at Llandudno to take advantage of the weather. It was stunning. Elin made a little friend named Esme on the pier when we stopped for a drink and I met another lovely Mum who did nothing special at all except talk to us and encourage her little girl to play with Elin. Sometimes the most special moments are also the most normal. That is one of the many things Elin has taught us, the ability to see the miraculous in the mundane. I am sure my friends and their children have these encounters all the time. Forgettable within five minutes. Us? Not so much. So it means a lot when people reach out. Thank you Esme and Mummy, you were the cherry on the cake of a wonderful little holiday.
Lots of the school holiday left to look forward to and in the meantime I will leave you with some pics of Elin enjoying herself. Until next time.........xxx
                                                               
Elin's Easter pressie-a new Finding Nemo swimsuit! Yay! Beautiful.

 Llandudno in the sun :-)


 To top it all, when we got home Elin rounded off her lovely holiday with a fringe cut. She was very happy with the results!!
xoxo



SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Dear FRIENDS,
    now i have a beautiful smiling face and so are which you all, after reading my testimony. My name is kate, I am 31 years old,
    And i live with my husband in Belgium, but I am from UK. I was diagnosed in 2012 with cervical dystonia. Doctors told me this condition was forever. I know how you feel and what you are going through, I just want to tell you that I am cured now,with the help of doctor williams herbal medication, the last time I can remember having cervical dystonia was in the summer of 2016. It was a long and difficult process but I am so thankful to dr williams I don't have it anymore. Please know you can be cured too. Accept what happened and is happening to you, forgive, let the past go, love yourself and others unconditionally and be thankful. Everything happens for a reason. If you want to get in contact with dr williams and share your own testimony and thoughts feel free to e-mail him on; drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear FRIENDS,
    now i have a beautiful smiling face and so are which you all, after reading my testimony. My name is kate, I am 31 years old,
    And i live with my husband in Belgium, but I am from UK. I was diagnosed in 2012 with cervical dystonia. Doctors told me this condition was forever. I know how you feel and what you are going through, I just want to tell you that I am cured now,with the help of doctor williams herbal medication, the last time I can remember having cervical dystonia was in the summer of 2016. It was a long and difficult process but I am so thankful to dr williams I don't have it anymore. Please know you can be cured too. Accept what happened and is happening to you, forgive, let the past go, love yourself and others unconditionally and be thankful. Everything happens for a reason. If you want to get in contact with dr williams and share your own testimony and thoughts feel free to e-mail him on; drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS WITH HIS HERB MY WIFE WAS COMPLETELY CURED FROM DYSTONIA.
    Is my pleasure to comment on this site and i thank the admin of this site for his/her great work so far.one of the happiest moment in my life was when the doctor confirm that my wife is been free from this illness. this awesome moments makes me the happiest man on earth, I really don't know how to thank DR WILLIAMS for helping my wife get cured for over how many year of suffering from dystonia. i came across DR Williams contact through a headline news on internet about how DR Williams help a woman to get cured of her dystonia and so many other with similar body problem ,i contacted him and he told me how to get his herb,few day later he sent me the herbal portion which my wife take every morning for 28 days, and his medicine was able to cure her completely from dystonia. and now she very mush okay without any side effects whatsoever, If you have dystonia, you can contact him on his email address drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig