Living with Cerebral Palsy 🍋🍋

Monday 24 May 2010

Hair today.....

RARRRGHHHH! Tough day on Saturday. Elin had been a little twitchy all week but nothing major to report. She was grand on Saturday morning- albeit a little sweaty on the hottest day of the year bless her! However, then came the time where Paul had to go off to visit his Dad out in Runcorn and as I had a much-needed hair appointment Nanny and Grampy once again stepped up to have some quality Elin time. I had arrived in town a little early for my appointment and so was happily browsing the New Look shelves when my phone went, my heart dropped into my stomach when the word 'Mum' flashed up on the screen. Apparently Elin had decided she didn't want me to have my hair cut and had responded by having a big fit. I can't tell you how scary it was to leg it back to the car and burn home in order to give her the rescue medicine- very aptly named I feel. Luckily she did respond to the meds and so a trip into childrens ward was not necessary, but there were a few minutes when I thought the fit was not going to subside as it was quite violent. Pretty scary for my poor Mum and Dad, who would have needed to call an ambulance had I not answered my phone in time, as you only really have a certain timescale to treat her when she goes into a big fit like that. Lesson learned- train Mum and Dad up in using the rescue medicine. Also and perhaps a more important lesson- don't leave it until the last minute to get your hair done!!!!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig