Living with Cerebral Palsy 🍋🍋

Sunday 7 February 2016

A big step


Hello poor neglected blog!!! All is ok in the house of Elin right now, despite a bit of an 'iffy' couple of weeks. Elin's had some sort of weird bug or virus which hasn't affected her too badly but has left her quite dystonic and a bit off colour. She's missed a few days of school off and on and the virus has finally come out in the form of impetigo on her nose and ear!! We are well used to the evil impetigo, it has previously affected her ear and cheek- we've never seen it on her nose before. Inside her nose, on her upper lip, yes- it was so aggressive once it left scars :-( But never ON the end of her nose leaving her looking a little like Rudolph!!!! Thankfully as soon as this appeared she seemed to get a lot better in herself. It's a good job too, because she had a very important event that she needed to be well for! Her sisters 18th birthday. Yes, we can hardly believe Caitlin is 18. But, in the blink of an eye she is an adult. It's left me a little emotional and I'm not fully sure why?! There are so many things Caitlin has to look forward to and such an exciting new chapter of her life, there's nothing sad about it but that's just me, I don't like the end of things. I don't like change- have I mentioned that? ;-) I guess I will just have to accept it!
I thought you might like to see some photo's from the festivities! We had a lovely time and Elin was thrilled to be out so late! Caitlin has many other exciting things to do this week including a trip to NYC with her best friend!!! So happy birthday Caitlin Angharad, big sister extraordinaire!!!
Can't wait to see what the next chapter will bring.....once I've stopped crying......;-)
 


xxxxxxxxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig